Sunday, December 26, 2010

Backcounty Kicker session #1


You will rarely find me standing next to a kicker in the backcountry shooting photos. It’s not that I don’t enjoy shooting backcountry kickers or that I have anything against them. I just normally spend my time shooting POW. That being said last week was a bit different. On Thursday I spent most the day shoveling snow and shaping what I thought was a nice size kicker. On Friday I woke up at the butt crack of dawn and headed up Teton Pass. We hiked in when it was still dark and got setup at the kicker for a sunrise shoot. I was lucky to be shooting with David Duffy, Matt Arvidson and Discrete Headwear rider Ed Dujardin.

Despite it being 6am and the temperature being -5 they were throwing down some big tricks and we were definitely having a good time. The only issue was we needed the kicker to be about twice the size to really make them look good. Here are a few of the shots, check back soon for session #2 with a bigger and better kicker.

 Matt Arvidson
 Ed Dujardin
 David Duffy
 Matt Arvidson
 Matt Arvidson
 Ed Dujardin

2 comments:

christianson said...

love these - please post some more!

Anonymous said...

awesome pictures! awesome skiing!
When is session 2....I want to see!!