Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Healing Process

The surgery went great! The people over at Teton Orthopaedics have been amazing. They got me into surgery late in the afternoon of Christmas Eve and I know they could have pushed me back till after Christmas. That gave me at least two more days I'll get to ride and shoot this winter So thank you to everyone over there.

Here's my hand after they took my first cast off.
It's been a long week of sitting on my couch and trying to stay still. Of course as soon as I got hurt it started to dump. It was hard to sit at home and look out my window and see 3 feet of new. All the cars in my parking lot were covered it looked like a field of big marshmallows. On any other day I would have had the music on the TV cranked with my favorite snowboard flick and scrambling to find all my gear.



I got a new cast on Wednesday. It's a lot smaller and lighter then the one I was in after surgery. I'm a bit more mobile now but I seem to hit it on everything and that hurts like hell.

I'm going to shoot all my recovery I'm not sure how exciting it'll be and it'll be a challenge to shoot with just one hand and a cracked rib but I have to shoot something.

No comments: